The common theme for recreational activities is the use of the body. This is not true to all recreational activities. The best proof of this can be seen with escape room recreation. Its theme is to lock people inside a room to seek for different clues that can be used to solve several puzzles in order to gain freedom. This focuses on the mind to complete the activity and very little on the body. The best thing about this is you can use your brain even if you have very little knowledge on a niche because clues are given. So why are escape rooms trending nowadays?
1. Brain exercise – Find clues and using them to understand the puzzles is a type of brain exercise. In other words, it is the perfect activity to exercise the brain and keep it sharp to deal with the daily life.
2. Learn how to coordinate with other people – Unlike other recreational activities that can be done in solo, escape rooms are recommended to have at least two people. They are even designed to accommodate around six to 8 people. This can effectively build teamwork.
3. Choose your theme – If you go to a particular recreational place, the place will look almost the same for several years until new improvements are made. You will not feel this way when visiting escape rooms. There are a lot of themes to choose from. All you have to do is change the theme of the escape room different from the previous one.
4. Adventure – It is normal to seek some excitement. This is true to everyone. A stay at home mom even look for adventure sometimes. Unfortunately, there are people who do not have the body to enjoy going to an adventure. You cannot say the same with escape rooms. You do not have to rely on your body for an adventure.
5. No risk involved – There is always risk involved for various recreational activities. Deep water activities put you at risk of drowning. You can also get injured doing sports. Even a theme park ride can be a disaster with equipment failure. This is not true with escape rooms. All equipment are child-friendly inside the escape rooms.
6. Assuming different identities – With a theme based setting, one can immerse into a role which is entirely different from the actual life. A student can be an astronaut or an office worker can be a detective. This allows people to play their fantasy life.
7. Fun – By doing this with your friends and family, you get to have fun without any worries. There is no need to travel far or be absent at work as you can visit the escape during the weekend.
Escape rooms are something to experience. You get to enjoy your time with other people as you try to relax. Now you have more options for the weekend. Just book the escape room experience.